I'm off to Memphis for the St. Jude's marathon for a little running, a little Elvis and a little (a lot of) bar-b-que. Can't wait to run my 7th state and my 14th marathon... To recap, this year (2009), I've run Boston, MA, Easter Island, Chile, Steamtown, PA, JFK50, MD, and now Memphis, TN. Woohoo, keep 'em coming!
A big 'shout out' to my favorite Investment Advisor, Shawn M., who let me set up a table at his annual holiday party. I talked until hoarse, chatting it up about RunningBrooke, running in general and travel. These are the top 10 questions asked, Letterman style:
- What do you think about when you run? Answer: Everything and Nothing.
- What running clothes do you wear and what shoes to you run in? Answer: I run in the cutest clothes possible that cover everything needed and I make shoe choices based on feel and snugness level -- how they hug my feet.
- What do you eat before, during and after a marathon? Answer: I usually eat a banana, bagel and peanut butter before a marathon, 5 or 6 gels during a marathon, and whatever looks good after a marathon.
- Do you cross train? Why do your arms look so good? Answer: I swim and do hot yoga and I got the good arm gene.
- Do you have injuries? What about your knees? Answer: I don't like to talk about this one because I don't want to jinx myself... So, that is that.
- How much do you weigh? How many calories do you eat a day? I think to myself are you serious? Are these questions really necessary? Answer: I eat whatever I want.
- How do you choose which marathons to run? Answer: Throw darts at a map! No, really there is a lot to choose from and a lot of them are great runs. I'll devote a whole post to this one sometime.
- What is your PR? Answer: 3:09, and then I get: a stare of incomprehension as to what that means, a look of admiration and a 'wow,' or a 'so are you going to try to go for a sub 3:05 or 3 hour now?
- How much does it cost to do all this traveling or are you worried about your carbon footprint? Answer: I dodge the answer the first one and yeah, my carbon footprint does bother me a little and then I figure that that plane would be flying anyway, with or without me...
- AND FINALLY, the best question of them all and I've been asked this MANY times. So, Brooke, how far is a marathon?! And don't you ever get tired?
With that, adios my friends. See ya'll when I get back on Sunday and I'll get the next RunningBrooke travel installment out early next week.
Cheers and it is a beautiful day for a run!