Past grantees include:
- Alexandria Neighborhood Health Services which provide Alexandrians with accessible health care
- Alexandria Seaport Foundation which helps at-risk youth through hands-on building and enviromental work
- ALIVE which aids Alexandrians with shelter, food, education and child care
- Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN)
A percentage of the donations will go to Giving to Ghana. Why Ghana do you ask? Our former AFS student was from Ghana and I'd like to help him and his Pastor build their town's first medical clinic. All money goes directy towards building supplies. This charity has its 501(c)(3) status.
So me: run my heart out
And you: send a check made out to the Alexandria Community Trust with runningbrooke in the memo line. Their address is 311 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA 22301.
- Marathon World Tour $2,500
- Half-Marathon $1000
- 10K $500
- 5K $250
- I'll give you ______ , Brooke
Thanks for your help and remember that your donation is 100% tax deductible! ACT will send a receipt for your tax purposes.
Run Globally, Act Locally