Dear Friends, Family and Neighbors,
|with friends at Child and Family Network Centers|
The last few weeks have been especially rewarding as I’ve granted, in total, $30,000.00 to five vital Alexandria-based charities serving our at-risk neighbors. Drumroll please:
- $7,500.00 to Child and Family Network Centers; sending impoverished kids to preschool and providing associated services for families.
- $10,000.00 to Community Lodgings; reopening the Teen Center, providing guidance towards a successful future with High School Graduation and financial management planning.
- $2,500.00 to The Reading Connection, fostering the love of books by supporting The Book Club, sending free, new books by mail to families on a monthly basis.
- $5,000.00 to Girls on the Run, NoVA, giving 33 Alexandria girls scholarships to Learn, Dream, Live and Run towards a healthier future.
- $5,000.00 to ACTion Alexandria (ACT for Alexandria), matching 10 (up to $500.00) on-line ‘calls of action’ for specific community needs like healthful after-school snacks and milk for kids in shelters.
|at Girls on the Run|
|after school with Community Lodgings|
|choosing books at The Reading Connection|
Off to run Little Rock, AR this weekend... State #22 and Marathon #31. Cheers!