Donor Thx Party, Lulu FunRun, ETC, ETC, ETC.

|
Hello Fearless Reader!

A quick, howdy-hey, update post here about what is going on in the World according to RunningBrooke.

We had a great party at the house last night to thank all those who donated to the RunningBrooke Fund in 2009.  I got this great idea -- one of those that just materialized -- about fun drinks and Vanessa, proprietress extraordinaire, of UnWined here in Alexandria www.unwinedva.com, helped get it all together for me.  Mini glass bottles of champagne and mini glass bottles of coke.  Stick a straw in and DONE.  No glassware or dishwasher needed.  We had beer too for any 'beer geek.'  Did I just insult anyone by saying that?!  I know nothing about beer and I hear 'beer people' call themselves 'geeks....'  Hello MCM Mama...   You all need to check out her ALWAYS funny and HONEST blog about running, family life and what else, ummmm, beer...  She runs great contests too.

But, back to last night... Fireplaces were lit and friends and family braved --at least-- three foot snow banks to come.   We all celebrated the raising and funding of $20,000.00 to Child and Family Network Centers www.cfnc-online.org and keeping the doors open for 36 children and their families.  Free preschool, ESL --English as a Second Language,-- job training and social services.

And with a little bit of champagne-brain and a few fewer hours sleep than I'd really like, I co-led a Lululemon FunRun through the streets and neighborhoods of Arlington this morning.  We left at 9 a.m.. from Lulu's Arlington store on Clarendon Boulevard.  Had a good group for our inaugural adventure!  Come join us for the next one on February 27th.  Same bat time.  Same bat channel.  We're sure to make it fun and informative.   All levels encouraged.

With Sedona already a week past, I have my thoughts set on the next marathon.  March 6th in Las Vegas (Red Rock Canyon Marathon).  Does this mean more hills?!  For new blog readers, I have committed to running a marathon on every continent, in each of the 50 states and the 5 marathon majors -- a marathon a month -- all to bring awareness to and raise money for Alexandria.  I have partnered with a 501 (c) (3) organization so all donations are 100% tax deductible.  I pay all of my own expenses and associated fees.  Every dollar I raise goes to an Alexandria, VA charity.

Phew.  That is it, or at least, all I can remember.

Cheers, and it was a beautiful day for a run!

RunningBrooke

0 comments:

Post a Comment