Posted by runningbrooke at 1:21 PM |
Posted by runningbrooke at 2:06 PM |
$30,000 given to Vital
The last few weeks have been especially rewarding as I've granted, in total, $30,000.00 to five vital Alexandria-based charities that serve our at-risk neighbors.
- $7,500.00 to Child and Family Network Centers; sending impoverished kids to preschool and providing associated services for families.
- $10,000.00 to Community Lodgings; reopening the Teen Center, providing guidance towards a successful future with High School Graduation and financial management planning.
- $2,500.00 to The Reading Connection, fostering the love of books by supporting The Book Club, sending free, new books by mail to families on a monthly basis.
- $5,000.00 to Girls on the Run, NoVA, giving 33 Alexandria girls scholarships to Learn, Dream, Live and Run towards a healthier future. Photos to come...
- $5,000.00 to ACTion Alexandria (ACT for Alexandria), matching 10 (up to $500.00) on-line 'calls of action' for specific community needs like healthful after-school snacks and milk for kids in shelters. Photos to come...
2010 was a great, action-packed year and 2011 looks to be even better. The RunningBrooke Fund and its initiatives are expanding...
I'm off to run the Little Rock, AR marathon this weekend. Stay tuned, exciting things are going to happen!